Baking cod is a healthy alternative to pan-frying. The cod bakes in flavors without
sitting in oil and grease as it would by frying. Baking brings out the flavor
and gives you many options to change it up and bring a different flavor
experience to the dinner table each time you cook it.
Cod is a fillet that is easy to cook and has a mild flavor. It flakes while baking making it an easy to eat dish. It makes it
perfect for trying different ingredients to create a one of a kind dish
bursting with flavors that works with any side dish.
To be healthy while still keeping the best taste, use these top cod recipes in oven.
Perfect Baked Cod
Simple, baked cod using butter, crackers and a few spices to garnish. This no-frills
recipe is easy to follow and leaves you with a perfectly baked cod.
– Preheat the oven to 400 F
– Melt 2 tablespoons butter in microwave for 30 seconds.
– Stir Ritz crackers into melted butter.
– Place 2 additional tablespoons butter in a 7×11-inch baking dish.
– Melt in the preheated oven, 1-3 minutes then remove dish from oven.
– Coat both sides of the cod with the melted butter in the baking dish.
– Bake cod in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove; top with lemon juice, wine, and cracker
– Place the coated cod back in oven and bake until fish flakes easily with a fork. This
should be about 10 additional minutes.
– If desired, garnish the finished cod with parsley and onion.
Lemon-Parsley Baked Cod
This tangy lemon recipe gives your baked cod the perfect balance of flavor for those
wanting that little extra taste in oven baked cod.
– Preheat the oven to 400 F
– In a bowl, mix lemon juice and butter.
– In a different bowl, mix flour and seasonings.
– Dip cod in lemon juice and butter and then in the flour mixture
– Make sure to coat both sides and shake off any extra mixture.
– Place the cod in a 13×9-in. baking dish that has been coated with cooking spray.
– Drizzle the cod with remaining lemon juice mixture.
– Bake 12-15 minutes or until it begins to flake easily.
– When finished, mix parsley and lemon zest to create a garnish; sprinkle over fish.
Greek Style Baked Cod Recipe
Bring a little Greek flavor to your Cod by using spices and Greek olive oil to create a
one of a kind flavor combination that makes you feel as if you’re on the Greek
isles indulging in freshly caught cod.
– Preheat the oven to 400 F.
– In a bowl, mix lemon juice, olive oil, and melted butter
– In a different bowl, mix all-purpose flour, spices, salt and pepper.
– Pat cod fillet dry with a paper towel.
– Dip the cod in the lemon juice mixture then dip in the flour mixture making sure to
shake off excess flour.
– Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a cast iron skillet. This should be medium to high
heat while making sure that the oil is sizzling but is not burning and smoking.
– Add the cod to the pan and sear on each side to give it some color. This should only
take a few minutes on each side. DO NOT COOK the cod all the way through.
– Add the minced garlic to the remaining lemon juice mixture. Mix together and drizzle
over the cod.
– Bake the cod in the heated oven it begins to flake easily. This should take around 10
minutes but take great care in checking the cod earlier. You do not want it to
– Remove the cod from the oven and sprinkle chopped parsley over top as a garnish if
Baked Cod in Cream Sauce
Perfectly flaky cod mixed with a flavorful cream sauce is a great twist to your normal
dinner fish dish. If you have a picky eater on your hands, the cream sauce
helps mask that fishy flavor that turns off so many eaters.
– Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
– Prepare the cream sauce by following these directions:
For the cream sauce:
– Melt the butter in a sauce pan over medium heat on the stove top.
– Slowly add in cornstarch and stir into the butter for about 1 minute.
– While whisking constantly, slowly add in whipping cream and milk until the entire
mixture is combined.
– Stir in Parmesan cheese.
– Reduce heat to low and whisk every now and then for about 10 minutes or until the
sauce becomes rich and creamy. If necessary, add more milk to change the
consistency of the cream. (The desired texture should be the consistency of a
-Season the cream sauce with salt and pepper, to your own taste.
– Set the cream sauce aside while making sure it stays warm as the cod is being prepped.
– Spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray and place cod fillets in the dish.
– Sprinkle with salt if desired.
– Combine the melted butter and garlic to brush over the cod fillets while in the dish.
Do not use all of the mixture.
– Sprinkle seasoned breadcrumbs over fillets and pour remaining butter mixture over the
– Pour the cream sauce in the spaces between the cod fillets so it fills up the baking
dish. Make sure that only the top of the cods are visible after the cream sauce
is added to the pan. Do not cover completely.
– Place the dish in the preheated oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the cream sauce
– When the sauce starts bubbling up, set oven to “broil”.
– Broil the cod for an additional 3-5 more minutes or until the fish is golden brown.
-Pay close attention to the cod to make sure it doesn’t start to burn.
– Remove for oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving.