It has been said that, a fisherman is only as good as his fishing rod. In accordance with that statement, there is plenty of truth, particularly when it comes to the enormous Yellowfin tuna. For you to be a successful fisherman, you will require to have a robust, durable, and flexible fishing rod. Having a good rod will help you in fighting those large Yellowfin tunas. Since there are various fishing rods in the market, this article will help you make a self-assured and knowledgeable decision when looking for the best Yellowfin tuna rod. If you are apprehensive getting out into the water and start fishing for Yellowfin tuna right away, then you need to look no further than this list of the best Yellowfin tuna rods in the market.
Eatmytackle saltwater all roller fishing rod
If you need a pocket-friendly brand, then Eatmytackle saltwater all roller fishing rod is the ideal rod for you. Despite being a budget-friendly rod, it features an incredible performance when it comes to fishing the Yellowfin tuna. This Yellowfin tuna rod is small measuring 5’6’’, and it features anglers weighing 50 to 80 pounds. Made of fiberglass material makes this fishing rod very light and suitable for fishing in salt waters. This rod has an incredibly stiff backbone. Overall, this rod has an incredible design with a friendly price, and it is perfect for tournaments.
• EVA foam that helps you to grip with comfort and a gimbal with a protective cap at the end.
• Jiggling fast-action design.
• For durability, this rod is made from carbon fiber material.
• Smooth action and produces no sound during fishing.
• Very strong and durable since it features a strong backbone made from carbon fiber.
• Made from lightweight carbon fiber materials, making it ideal for fishing.
• Affordable and it is often available in the market.
• Casting using this rod is easy, and it lands smoothly into the water without creating any shock.
• This Yellowfin tuna rod features anglers with no size over 80 pounds but has options for larger pounds.
PENN international V standup casting
One of the best Yellowfin tuna rods overall is the Penn international V standup casting. This rod is 6 feet long, and it consists of e-glass which provides the rod with a rigid backbone, making it ideal for fishing. As a heavy-duty rod, it can handle more than it is required and remain flexible without becoming soft at the top. It features a distinctive diamond wrap which gives it a glossy appearance. The glossy handle helps in removing rod holders quickly with ease. Just like various rods, it comes with a well fitted EVA foam grip for maximum comfort and durability while fishing. This grip helps in fighting for long, and it maximizes your torque against pulling in fish. If you need a flawless fishing rod with Yellowfin tuna in mind, then do not waver trying out this rod.
• The Penn international V standup casting features EVA fore grip for maximum comfort during fishing.
• Aluminum gimbal.
• One piece of hollow e-glass.
• Made of carbon fiber material which is durable, reliable, and it is light in weight.
• The sleek design of this rod has helped in reducing friction hence producing almost no sound during fishing.
• The Penn international V standup casting is durable since it is made from lightweight carbon fiber, making it perfect for fishing Yellowfin tuna.
• A strong backbone it can fish out tuna that exceeds its limit.
• Sound production when fishing is reduced
• It features EVA fore grip for maximum comfort during fishing.
• The amount of friction produced while fishing is reduced due to its sleek design.
• With this rod, you can cast farther since it is very tall.
• Often customers complain about the roughness of the diamond weave.
Another good option for a Yellowfin tuna spinning rod is the Shimano Trevala. Its frame is made with precision from Japanese graphite, making it lightweight. This rod features a strong backbone which is vital in fishing for large fish. This rod is well known for being great in live lining larger baits and jigging. Shimano Trevala carbon butt section is fused with the TC4 tip, which helps in reducing the rod’s weight and increasing its sensitivity. At the same time, it allows for fast recovery when you hook a Yellowfin tuna. For maximum comfortability, this rod features EVA foam grips which provide an excellent grip even when wet. This rod features an incredible design that seems to be indestructible and still it is light in weight, preventing it from wearing out after fishing.
• An integrated design with high power reels which is perfect for fishing Yellowfin tuna.
• Its lightweight design is because of the high carbon butt that is fused with TC4. This helps in increasing the rod sensitivity and fast optimal response.
• For an ultra-smooth finish, this rod is reinforced with Fuji aluminum oxide. This guide helps in improving durability and preventing wearing out.
• The EVA foam grip helps in increasing comfort while fishing and provide an incredible grip even when wet.
• Shimano Trevala is a stable and robust rod making it the perfect rod for fishing Yellowfin tuna.
• Has an incredible grip which works perfectly even when wet.
• Due to its sleek design, this rod produces almost no sound during fishing, and its frictional force is reduced, preventing it from wearing out.
• Its reliable and robust backbone.
• It is an incredibly powerful reel that can withstand very large fish.
• The Shimano Trevala has no size choice for anglers above 200 pounds.
UglyStik big water stand up casting
The UglyStik was often known as an inshore fishing rod until they came up with the UglyStik water stand up casting rod. Of all the Yellowfin tuna rods out there, this one stands up to the competition. This is due to its tough graphite and the fiberglass frame, which can take down giant Yellowfin tuna. This rod is like any other Yellowfin tuna rod since it features EVA foam grips which offer at most comfort out on the waters. Nonetheless, on the butt end, they are fitted with a gimbal that makes it rod holder friendly and always ready to put on a fight with the tuna. For extra strength, this rod is fitted with patented Ugly Stik clear tip and metal reel seat that helps in accommodating any heavy-duty troll reels. This rod will not disappoint you when going toe to toe with the Yellowfin tuna.
• A clear top for extra power.
• The UglyStik big water stands up casting rod is made from a combination of fiberglass and graphite for a robust and sensitive rod.
• For maximum durability, this fishing rod features stainless steel guides that eliminate insert pop-outs.
• With a durable EVA grip, you are assured of maximum comfort during fishing.
• Pac Bay roller guides.
• The Ugly Stik big water stand up casting rod has an incredible grip even when wet since it has double EVA grip.
• Since it is made from stainless steel that prevents it from corrosion.
• When it comes to strength, this rod has a very strong and sensitive design made from a combination of graphite and fiberglass.
• Due to its strong backbone, this fishing rod is capable of withstanding almost all sizes.
• It features gimbal on the butt end for maximum grip.
• Often the UglyStik big water stand up casting rod has a low line rating of 40 to 80 pounds.
What to look for in a great Yellowfin tuna rod?
There are various reasons why Yellowfin tuna fishing is very popular. The Yellowfin tuna usually come in different sizes, and the smaller ones are easy targets for novices while the big catch is for skilled anglers. Fishing Yellowfin tuna is relatively easy since they accept various baits from Mackerel, Squid, and sardines. When choosing rods for fishing Yellowfin tuna, you must ensure that your entire setup is as durable as possible. Spinning rods feature a lightweight design since they are often made from lightweight materials such as granite to protect your arm from aching while fishing. When fishing for Yellowfin tuna lightness will enable you to cast lure accurately as it hits the water smoothly and gently preventing any shock.
When it comes to rod length, you require at least seven-foot rod for especially for newbies. While using short rods, it becomes stiffer and making it hard to cast farther. When using spinning rods and reels, you can work with lighter lines of around 8 pounds. Light lines help in increasing your accuracy on casting. This is often due to its thinness, it becomes hard for the Yellowfin tuna to see, and it does not get carried away by the current. When it comes to choosing rod length, you need to consider the size of the water body in which you will be fishing. When fishing in small water bodies, you can use small rods since this will not require you to cast far. Keeping that in mind, you will need only seven-foot-long rod when Yellowfin tuna casting.
You will need the lifting power since heavy rods have a strong backbone which is ideal for heavy fishing loads. Often rod powers are categorized from heavy to ultra-light, and they come with lines that match those weights. When casting for Yellowfin tuna, you will need to have a light or ultra-weight rod. Not only does the lightweight inhibit your arm from aching but also it enables a faster casting as well as a smoother landing.
When it comes to materials, rods made from graphite are very light in weight which is ideal for fishing Yellowfin tuna. Often you will need to take care of your graphite rod since it is more sensitive than other materials such as fiberglass. For extra durability, some rod is constructed from combining fiberglass and graphite. Spinning rods that are made from combining fiberglass and graphite which usually features a piece of stainless-steel guide for durability and lightweight EVA grips for maximum comfort while fishing.